How To Wax Your Car At Home Like Pro: Helpful Car Waxing Tips
Photo by DariuszSankowski–1441456
Washing cars is common among people but most of the people are unaware of the waxing of the cars. Waxing makes your car look great as well as it offers protection of your car’s exterior. It helps to give your car a gloomy and glossy look.
It offers protection from scratches and gives your car a showroom fresh shine. By waxing your car, there is less need to polish it and thus it saves your money as well as your time and energy.
- 1 Best Conditions For Car Waxing:
- 2 Types of car wax:
- 3 Steps to wax your car at home:
- 4 How to wax car with an orbital buffer:
- 5 TACKLIFE KP120 1200A Peak Car Jump Starter Full Review
- 6 10 Best Sander For Walls, For Removing Wall Paint In 2021
- 7 Clore Automotive 12 Volt JNC 660 Jump Starter Review
- 8 Top 10 Best Ball Joints To Buy In 2021: Updated Buying Guide
- 9 10 Best Kayak Roof Racks To Buy In 2021- Updated Buyers Guide
- 10 Top 10 Best Windshield Covers For Snow And Ice: 2021 Updated Guide
- 11 0 Comments
Best Conditions For Car Waxing:
- Do not wax it in extreme temperatures such as in direct sunlight or in freezing cold.
- Park your car under the shade of a tree or in your garage to give it in optimum, cool temperature.
- To avoid any airborne contaminants, it is recommended for you to do car waxing indoors.
Types of car wax:
Wax comes in many forms such as in liquids, sprays and pastes.
- Spray wax: It is the most used car wax because it is very easy and quick to apply. Make sure that you shake the bottle before applying wax on our car.
- Paste wax: Past wax is more time consuming because it is hard to apply but it lasts for a longer period and gives better results.
- Liquid wax: It is easy to apply and provides better results but shake it before use in order to mix all the ingredients.
Steps to wax your car at home:
- In the first step, there is a need to purchase an automotive car wax of high quality. You can use two types of products that are carnauba based car wax and paint sealant.
Carnauba wax provides a high quality and long lasting shine and it is made up of Brazilian palm trees. Whereas, paint sealant is made up of polymer and it provides an extra protection and long lasting shine.
You can easily find these car waxes from any national brand or from any auto retailer.
- Before applying wax, make sure that you have washed your car in order to remove all the dirt particles or contaminants.it is important because if you will apply wax on the dirty surface, it will cause scratches. Wash your door jambs, door handles and the hidden areas thoroughly because they are most neglected parts. After washing the entire vehicle from top to bottom, let it dry completely in order to apply wax.
- Now, your car is ready to apply the wax on. Read all the instructions carefully that are mentioned on the car wax package which you have bought on how to best apply the wax. There would be different instructions depending on the brand and type of wax you are using. In order to gain optimal results of your effort, follow those instructions.
- Open your package, hold the pad and apply a small amount of wax on the pad and then with the help of the pad, start applying wax on the car’s paint. If you are using wax paste or liquid paint sealant, it is recommended for you to apply a small amount of wax in the beginning because the pad will become more saturated.
- Start waxing your car section by section and one section at a time because it is easier to handle a section than the entire vehicle. If you leave wax on the car’s surface for too long, it would be difficult to remove it. So before moving to the next section, complete your first one.
The best section to start with is the front fender panel which is located above the front wheels on both sides of the car, and then you can continue to wax the front part and so on.
- The best way to apply wax is in small, circular motion. To make sure that you have covered the entire section, you can use vertical or horizontal rows. Use a thin layer of the wax because a thick layer is harder to remove. After applying wax to the whole section, wait for a few minutes until the wax dried. It will give a matte and chalky look after drying.
- Make sure that all the wax has been dried and then take a microfiber cloth or any other soft cloth and start removing wax from the surface. Move your cloth or towel in circular motion as well to remove wax. After removing visible wax, buff your car in fast circular motion so that you can increase the shine of the paint.
How to wax car with an orbital buffer:
Before applying wax, wash your car in order to avoid any scratches on the surface. Now wax your car through an orbital buffer step by step.
- Apply a small amount of wax on the buffer pad with the help of a specialist applicator.
- Now apply the wax to your vehicle in larger circular motion. Make sure that you wax your car section by section, not the entire car at the same time because it would be difficult to handle.
- After applying wax to the whole area, switch on the buffer and by producing a minimal pressure on it, glide it across the whole surface.
- When your car is completely covered by wax, wait for a few minutes to let it dry.
- Now take a wax remover microfiber cloth and buff off all the dried wax from the whole area. Do not buff in a circle because it can produce swirls or scratches.
Do not apply too much pressure.
- After removing all the dried wax, your car will have a glossy and fresh look.