10 Best Inflatable Kayaks
Inflatable kayaks are a kind of compact and portable kayak that can be inflated and deflated easily. The inflated kayak allows you to experience best kayaking experience and the deflated kayak is easy to store and transport. Numerous inflatable kayaks are composed of three air chambers including a floor chamber and two side chambers. Such kayaks can be filled using a pump that inflates the kayak; the pump can be a hand pump, a foot pump, or an electric pump. The inflatable kayaks are not limited to just one experience level; these best inflatable kayaks are perfect for all the persons who are beginners, intermediates or experienced ones. An inflatable kayak can be easily carried over rough terrain and for longer distance travelling.
Kayaking is an amazing experience which one can enjoy in his/her quality time on a lake, or a river. But for having a great experience one must choose a good kayak. A kayak must be portable and easy to handle. So getting rid of the headache of transportation or storage of a kayak you must search for an inflatable kayak.
Best Inflatable Kayaks Review
The Intex Explorer K2 Kayak has a streamlined design for easy paddling. The bright yellow color makes this kayak highly visible in the water. It is an ideal kayak for experiencing lakes and mild rivers. It is a perfect kayak for two adults. It is quite compact and lightweight and is really easy to assemble allowing you to take the fun of kayaking wherever you go. This kayak is constructed by rugged vinyl that is puncture resistant. This sturdy kayak consists of an inflatable I-beam floor for maximum comfort and rigidity.
It has three separate air chambers. It has a weighing capacity of 400 pounds. The dimension of this kayak is 10 feet 3 X 3 feet X 1 feet 8 inches. A removable skeg offers directional stability to the kayak. It has two adjustable, movable and inflatable seats consisting of backrests; if only one person wants to sit in it the extra seat can be easily removed and more room will be available. A Boston valve located on either side allows quick inflating or deflating within no time; providing great efficiency and convenient. A grab line and grab handle at each end of the kayak is provided for your convenience. It comes with a repair patch kit. The Explorer K2 Kayak also includes accessories such as two 86 inches aluminum paddles and an Intex high-output pump for convenient in inflating and deflating the kayak. It also comes with a carrying bag for its easy storage when not in use.
- Manufacturer: Intex
- Material used: PVC
- Person capacity: 2
- Air chambers: 3
- Weight: 30.6 lb
- Maximum weight capacity: 400 pounds
- Width: 3 feet
- Length: 10 feet 3 inches
- This kayak comes with complete accessories required with it.
- The oars of the kayak are made of high quality aluminum.
- The skeg is easily removable while kayaking in the rivers.
- Its bright yellow color makes it visible in emergency situations.
- This kayak is perfect for kayaking in lakes and rivers.
- It comes with a carrying bag for storage.
- The paddles are excellent and easy to use.
- It is quite easy to inflate or deflate the kayak.
- This kayak is not suitable for long trips.
- It has a less room for storage.
- It is great for small water bodies only not for oceans.
- Leakage is reported from the side chambers.
This kayak has a capacity of 3 passengers and it can bear a weight of about 650 pounds. It itself has a weight of only 32 pounds. This is a lightweight and portable sport kayak having an I-beam construction floor for maximum rigidity. It consists of two super Deluxe front and rear seats that are inflatable and removable depending upon the need. The stern grab line and the front and rear rope handles assures that the passengers will have no difficulty stepping in.
A self-bailing drain valve is a perfect characteristic to have in ocean surfs or Whitewater Rivers. The kayak includes a pressure gauge, 5 deluxe one-way valves, and a repair kit in order to help you save from any unfavorable circumstances. Two skegs are located at the bottom of the kayak that help to maintain a uniform speed and better tracking across the water. Interestingly it features a 38mm PolyKrylar hull that lets you take your pets with you while kayaking as it is strong and tough enough to handle dog paws. The design is very handy and best for all the water sports. It comes with two paddles, a foot pump and a carrying bag for easy storage.
- Manufacturer: Sea Eagle
- Certification: NMMA certified
- Dual removable skegs
- Rugged construction
- Comes with a repair kit
- I-beam construction floor
- Self bailing drain valve
- Structure: Inflatable
- Interior size: 10 feet, 8 inches by 1 foot, 1 inch
- Person capacity: 3 persons
- Exterior size: 12 feet, 6 inches by 2 feet, 10inches
- Deflated size: 31 by 19 by 8 inches
- Tube diameter: 9 inches
- Air valves: 5 deluxe one-way
- Inflation & Assembly time: 8 minutes
- Weight capacity: 650 pounds
- Weight: 32 pounds
- Chambers: 3
- Material: PVC
- It is lightweight and has a great portability.
- After deflation, it can be stored in its carrying bag.
- Made of such strong material that is enough to handle dog paws.
- The seats offer good back support.
- The paddles and pump re of high quality.
- This kayak may be a perfect choice for long trips.
- Best 3 person inflatable kayak for whitewater
- It is not ideal for windy conditions.
The Intex Challenger K1 has an inflatable I-beam floor that assures great rigidity. Its Dura-Beam Technology and welded seam provide extra durability therefore this kayak lasts for many seasons. It has a weight capacity of 200 pounds and it weighs only 23.9 pounds. It has an inflated dimension of 9′ X 2’6″ X 1’1″. The cargo net is for storing extra gear. The cockpit is designed for great space and maximum comfort and becomes a plus point. The Super-Tough Airbed helps in adding support and stability.
The airbed is made with high-end polyester fibers for ensuring that it will not stretch over time. This makes the kayak ultra-lightweight and really convenient. This Challenger K1 is the best option for those who love to kayak in choppy water. Here is an extraordinary feature of this Intex Challenger K1 i.e. it is UV resistant; it is not harmed by the UV rays coming from the sun. This feature makes the kayak more durable. This kayak is ideal for more than one day trips and is best for long distance kayaking. This kayak offered by Intex has been approved by US Coast Guard. This kayak comes with an 84 inches aluminum paddle, a high output hand pump for quick and easy inflation or deflation and a repair kit.
- Manufacturer: Intex
- Certified by NMMA using ABYC standards
- Repair kit included
- Heavy-duty puncture resistant vinyl
- 2 separate air chambers
- Inflatable I-beam floor for rigidity
- Boston valves for quick inflation and deflation
- Approved by US Coast Guard
- Weight: 23.9 lb
- Weight capacity: 200 pounds (100 kg)
- Passenger capacity: 1
- Inflated size: 9′ X 2’6″ X 1’1″
- Overall length: 9 ft (2.74m)
- Overall width: 2ft 6in (76 cm)
- It is UV resistant that is a brilliant feature.
- Its plus point is the cockpit design that offers maximum space.
- This kayak has an approval by US coast Guard for its performance.
- The material by which it is made is totally puncture resistant.
- It comes with a complete kit; including the paddles, handle pump and a repair patch.
- The seat is adjustable and removable.
- The skeg is removable thus helps in tracing and stability.
- Only a single passenger can be seated on it; passenger capacity is less.
- It is not suitable for rough rivers.
- It is a little hard to dry.
The Lifetime Wave Youth Kayak is the best kayak for kids. Children and kids of ages 5 and above can enjoy their voyage on their own watercraft. The maximum weight capacity of this kayak is 130 pounds. It itself has a weight of about 18 pounds. It is made up of high-density polyethylene material which is UV resistant; thus it protects the kayak from the harmful ultra-violet radiations coming from the sun. Due to this feature the kayak is quite durable and runs for a long period of time.
This kayak comes in a variety of cool colors so the kids can choose their favorite one. The cockpit has an ergonomic design which enhances balancing and motor skills. Its molded grip handles provides help in transporting the kayak. It has three molded multiple footrest positions that enhances comfort while paddling. This kayak is much stable in slow rivers, lakes, and even in ocean bays. Thus it is protective and makes your kids busy in such areas. The paddle is made up of polypropylene material having a secure blade and an aluminum shaft. The paddle is much durable and has a strong grip.
- Manufacturer: Lifetime
- Comes in various attracting colors
- Impact resistant
- Molded paddle cradle
- Designed for young kids specifically
- Cockpit design increases balancing
- Multiple footrests positions
- Offers ultra stability and tracking
- UV protected
- Patented swim up deck design
- Weight: 18 lbs
- Weight capacity: 130 pounds
- Passenger capacity: 1
- Paddle: Included
- Cockpit: Ergonomic design
- Material: High density polyethylene
- Overall length: 6 ft
- The material from which the kayak is constructed is UV resistant.
- This kayak is specially comfortable and stable for kids.
- The cockpit ensures enhanced balance.
- By the help of molded finger handles on each side; the kayak is quite easy to transport.
- The paddle is strong and has a good grip.
- The kayak is impact resistant.
- It comes with a 5 years limited warranty.
- It may be a little heavy for the kids to handle.
- There are no plugs at the bottom to let out the water.
The Sea Eagle 330 has a length of 11 feet and it packs into a compact kayak with a dimension of 24″ x 16″ x 7″ roughly like a small suitcase. The kayak will easily fit in the trunk of your vehicle leaving a good room for the storage of other accessories too. When not in use you can store this kayak in a closet. It has a fairly wide hull and three large inflated air chambers; these chambers help the kayak to be very stable on the water.
For its construction 33 mil PolyKrylar is used which is a rugged material and makes SE330 more durable significantly as compared to some of the best inflatable kayak 2 person on the market. The bow and stern helps protect it from impacts with obstacles thus it is impact resistant. The upward curve along the bow and stern helps it to withstand light chop and waves. It has two removable skegs that help in improving the speed and tracking through the water. Its seats are removable and also they can be repositioned therefore you can use it for both solo and tandem paddling.
- Manufacturer: Sea Eagle
- Certification: NMMA certified
- Three deluxe one-way valves
- Composed of self-bailing drain valve
- Lashed down inflatable spray skirts
- 2 skegs on the bottom for better speed and tracking
- Includes a pressure gauge and a repair kit
- Bow and stern grab line
- Inflated I-beam floor construction
- Assembles and inflates only in six minutes approximately
- Interior size: 13 inches wide by nine feet, six inches long
- Exterior size: 34 inches wide by 11 feet, two inches long
- Tubes size: Nine inches
- Person capacity: 2 adults
- Total weight capacity: 500 pounds
- Weight: 26 pounds
- Inflated chambers: 3 (in port, starboard and floor)
- It comes in an affordable price range.
- It is perfect and convertible for both solo and tandem paddling.
- The seats offers good back support.
- It is impact resistant.
- It comes with 2 paddles and a foot pump.
- It is very stable on water.
- The kayak may not be ideal for windy conditions.
This kayak is constructed by a super tough laminate PVC with polyester core. It is very light weight and is greatly resistant to damage from impact, abrasion, and sunlight too. High pressure inflation delivers extra rigidity and stability to the kayak. The high pressure spring loaded valves provides easy and fast inflation and deflation. It is composed of two removable skews that aids in kayaking in deep and shallow water.
The kayak has 2 integrated recessed fishing rod holders, 2 floor mounted footrests, and 2 adjustable bucket seats. A mounting bracket is located that is adjustable and removable. It is for mounting additional accessories, such as fish finders, GPS systems, swivel fishing rod holders etc. The package consists of a carrying bag for easy storage and a repair patch. The total weight capacity of the kayak is 400 pounds. Its 3-ply super tough construction utilizes a high molecular PVC which is unaffected by oil, gasoline, and salt water. It is highly resistant to damage that can be caused from impact, abrasion and sunlight. It comes with various accessories including 2 paddles, carrying bag, manual, repair patch, pressure gauge and a hand pump.
- Manufacturer: Intex
- Three chamber construction
- I-beam floor for enhanced rigidity
- Integrated drain plug
- Light weight and abrasion resistant
- Handles on each side
- D-rings are made of stainless steel
- Adjustable footrests
- Adjustable and removable seats with back rest
- Mounting bracket for accessories
- 2 paddles, carrying bag, manual, repair patch, pressure gauge and hand pump included in the package
- Dimensions: 151” x 13” x 18”
- Material: Super-tough laminated material with a polyester core
- Weight carrying capacity: 400 lbs
- Weight: 39 pounds
- Person capacity: 2
- Air chambers: 3
- Fishing rod holders: 2
- It comes with a complete.
- It consists of two adjustable footrests for providing extra comfort.
- The seats are adjustable and removable.
- The mounting bracket for fishing accessories.
- This kayak is quite affordable.
- For its easy storage it comes with a carrying bag.
- For easy inflation a hand pump is included in the kit.
- The stainless steel D-rings enhances the storage capacity.
- The paddles of this kayak are short a little.
- It is not suitable for rough water.
- The footrests may be unsuitable for tall people.
This kayak has a rugged 24-gauge PVC construction that makes it highly durable. It has only one person capacity. It only takes 5 minutes to set up. The easy-to-carry backpack system turns into a seat. This innovative backpack system carries everything you want to get going and it ultimately folds out into the kayak’s seat. It has a tarpaulin bottom and polyester cover which provide protection to the kayak from punctures.
There are multiple air chambers; these air chambers allow the kayak’s other chambers to be inflated if anyone of these is punctured. It consists of an air tight system that provide guarantee to the kayak to be leak proof. The double lock valves use two locking points for easy inflation and deflation. The spray covers help in keeping you dry from splashed water. You can carry more gear on your trip that is easily accessible by the help of the D-rings and bungee storage areas.
- Manufacturer: Sevylor
- 5 minutes set-up
- Easy to carry and highly portable
- Rugged carry handles
- Integrated D-rings
- 24 gauge PVC construction
- Airtight and leak-proof
- Inflated size: 10 feet x 2 feet 10 inches
- Deflated size: Fits in the backpack included
- Weight: 25.5 pounds
- Weight capacity: 250 pounds
- Air chambers: 3
- Person capacity: 1 person
- Certifications: Certified by NMMA
- It is highly portable and fits into a back pack which turns into a seat.
- It offers fast and simple inflation and easy deflation.
- It has cargo space where you can store water bottles, etc.
- It has a double-lock valve system.
- It has a durable design that allows it to be comfortable in a wide range of calm rivers and lakes.
- The paddle is not too great.
This kayak presented by Lifetime has a versatile design which allows solo or tandem paddling both. It has a compact size with a length of 10 feet. This best tandem inflatable whitewater kayak has a weight lifting capacity of 500 pounds. It is made from high quality material i.e. high density polyethylene which is hard and durable also it is UV resistant; thus protects the kayak from being damaged by the ultra-violet radiations of the sun. For easy and comfortable paddling it is composed of multiple footrest positions.
It has a storage space with a 6 inches storage hatch to store your essential stuff. It comes with two dual sided paddles with padded clips. The front and rear T-handles provides help in its transportation. There are two 6 inches storage compartments in both the rear and center of the kayak. This feature makes the kayak special from other kayaks. It has three holders for the fishing pole. It has a warranty of 5 years by the manufacturer.
- Manufacturer: Lifetime
- Two dual sided paddles with padded clips
- Front and rear T-handles aids in transportation
- Delivers ultra-stability and better tracking
- UCV resistant material
- Lightweight with 50 pounds
- Multiple footrest positions
- Agreeable seat back and padded backrest for long hour paddling
- Rear storage hatch
- Overall length: 10 feet
- Paddles: 2 sided
- Person capacity: 2 persons
- Weight capacity: 500 lbs
- Warranty: 5 years limited warranty
- Fishing pole holders: 3
- Weight: 50 pounds
- This fishing kayak has storage space with a 6 inches storage hatch to store your essential stuff.
- The kayak is made from high density polyethylene material that makes it enough durable.
- It comes with extra accessories.
- It has multiple footrest positions that allow feel comfortable while paddling.
- It is smaller in length than an average or regular kayak.
- Its tracking speed is not optimal.
This kayak is a perfect choice for the beginners and the intermediates levels as well as experts too. It has a maximum weight lifting capacity of 300 pounds. It is an ideal kayak for occasional paddling on rivers, lakes and oceans. You can just convert a box into a boat in just 5 minutes. The kayak becomes small enough to carry when folded and not in use. This kayak has undergone extensive durability and strength testing; rated at 20,000 folds and exceeds U.S. Coast Guard.
It comes with a full one year warranty. It fits into the trunk of even a small car or in the Oru pack carrying case (which is sold separately) for ease in transportation while bicycling, hiking, or using public transportation. It is the most convenient and transportable kayak imaginable.
- Manufacturer: Oru
- Made of polypropylene
- Folds to the size of a large suitcase
- Can be stored anywhere
- Perfect for any skill level
- Provides UV protection with a record of 10 years
- Rated with a lifetime of 20,000 folds
- Rust resistant hardware
- Weight: 28 pounds
- Length: 12 feet
- Width: 25 inches
- Maximum paddler height: 6 feet 3 inches
- Cockpit: 16″ by 30″
- Set-up time: 10 to 15 minutes
- Storage: 90 liters
- Weight lifting capacity: 300 pounds
- Kayak box dimensions: 33″ by 12″ by 29″
- Shipping box dimensions: 35″ by 17″ by 31″
- It is highly durable.
- It provides UV protection.
- The kayak is foldable and converts into a box.
- It comes with a 30-days money back warranty.
- You don’t need any roof rack on your vehicle for its storage.
- One person capacity
This kayak can be used in three different ways depending upon your choice. It is designed to be a sit-on-top kayak. In this way you need to center yourself on the seat, adjust the seat back as needed and paddle it. You can also use the stand-up paddle platform in seconds. For doing this just simply remove the top and seat back and enjoy tour experience. By removing the convertible top chamber separately you can float your KULA cooler.
Its four independent chambers make it extremely stable and durable. This kayak is constructed with Aero BOTE Technology; it converts from a travel bag to 12 feet 6 inches kayak in a few minutes. It packs down to just 39 × 18.5 × 13.5 inches and has a weight of 70 pounds. The package includes LONO Aero inflatable kayak, kayak transport bag, sand spear sheath, inflatable center fin, hand pump, rac receivers, repair kit
- Manufacturer: BOTE
- Self-draining cockpit
- Removable top
- Grab handles
- Front and rear bungees
- Removable seat back
- Rac compatible
- Made with aero tech
- Detachable centre fin
- Thick rails
- Inflated dimension: 12′ 6″ L × 35.5″ W × 20″ D
- Capacity: 400 pounds
- Average weight: 61 pounds
- Construction: Inflatable Aero BOTE Technology
- Optimal inflation: 12-15 PSI
- The top and the seat are removable.
- The cockpit is self draining.
- It is foldable and quite easy to transport.
- It is designed to sit-on-top, stand-up-paddle, and also removing the top chamber separately.
- It comes with a 2 years warrant and 60 days guarantee.
- It is expensive.
Best Inflatable Kayaks Buying Guide
Components of a kayak:
- Air chambers
- Drain holes
- Spray deck
- Grab line
- Comes with a pump for inflation, paddles, carrying bag or some time with a pressure gauge
Types of an inflatable kayak:
An inflatable kayak can be of following different types:
- Recreational kayak
- Sit-on-top kayak
- Sit-in kayak
- Touring kayak
- Solo (one person)
- Tandem (two person)
- Canoe-style kayak
- Fishing kayak
- Self-bailing kayak
- Whitewater kayak
Here we are discussing some of the best inflatable kayaks that will enhance your kayaking experience.
Before purchasing a kayak some characteristics must be kept in mind which as follows:
Before buying a kayak, you must know for which intention you are going to use the kayak. If you want a kayak for your short trips around the lake or if you want a fishing kayak; both will be different from each other. So the purpose of buying a kayak is very important to choose.
It is the capacity of the kayak that how much weight it can bear. It is a really essential feature that must be taken under observation while looking for a kayak. You must keep in mind your weight and also your partner’s weight (if any) so that you can choose the best kayak with a huge weight lifting capacity.
If you are a fond of enjoying kayaking alone then a single seated kayak will be perfect for you. But sometimes it might happen that you may need to take a partner with you so it is better to choose a kayak having at least 2 seats i.e. two persons capacity. A second seat can also be a good storage space for your additional accessories such as a fishing rod, drinks, cooler, etc. So it is a perfect idea to choose a kayak having dual seats.
A best kayak is the one which comes with some additional accessories for needs. These accessories include paddles, inflating pump, removable skeg, rod holders, etc. These accessories provide ease in the journey. All these things come n the package along with the kayak.
The length of the kayak must be round about 12. The length must be such that it should not be too long that it will become difficult for the kayak to move on water.
Most of the kayaks have adjustable seats that are also removable. Kayaks with adjustable seats enhance comfort as they can be moved backward or forward in the kayak depending upon your preferred position. Seats with a supportive backrest helps you stay more comfortable.
The material of the inflatable kayaks is the key to their popularity and success. The material must be strong and resistant to environmental conditions. It must be abrasion resistant, impact resistant, and also resistant to the harmful ultra-violet radiations of the sun. It should withstand in extreme weathers.
Q: How much an inflatable kayak costs?
A: The price of the kayak depends upon its quality. An inflatable kayak starts from the price range of about 100$ or more and a very high quality kayak costs more than 1500$.
Q: Are inflatable kayaks safe and stable?
A: The inflatable kayaks are extremely safe and provide great fun. They have a wider base than any traditional hard shell kayaks therefore they are more stable.
Q: Are inflatable kayaks durable?
A: Yes they are quite durable. More and more people are moving towards inflatable kayaks rather than the hard ones because of their durability and reliability. The kayaks are built to last by using high quality military grade PVC. There is less risk of it damage therefore it runs for a long period of time.
Q: Can a dog be brought in an inflatable kayak?
A: Yes a dog can be brought in a kayak. The inflatable kayaks are well constructed and made out of military grade PVC material which is about indestructible. It will be a good idea to trim your dog’s nails.
Q: Is an inflatable kayak safe for fishing?
A: Yes! For fishing purposes there is a separate type of an inflatable kayak. Such kayaks are safe and stable for fishing.
Q: Are the inflatable kayaks reliable?
A: The better built inflatable kayaks are constructed with highly durable materials that are almost indestructible. Most of the inflatable kayaks also come with one to three years of warranty.
The inflatable kayaks offer a great experience in enjoying around the lakes and other waters. They are very strong, durable and enjoyable. The inflatable kayaks have various types each depending upon the specific need. You will find a huge variety of colors, designs, styles and the most important i.e. its type.
Here we have provided you an extreme knowledge about some of the inflatable kayaks. Just have a look at them.