Top 10 Best Grease Guns To Buy [2021 June Updated]
Image Source Amazon
As we all know, all vehicles require lubrication in order to run smoothly and efficiently and they cannot operate without being lubricated. For this purpose, best grease guns on the market are available that help to lubricate the certain parts of the machinery and it is a great tool for lubricating your vehicle’s bearings, fittings and other components and make them easy to work smoothly and effectively.
Using a grease gun assures you that parts of the vehicle do not rub against each other and it provides them great working conditions. You can also use them for DIY projects as well as for maintenance around your house and in your garage. It can also be used to protect metals from rusting and grease nuts to ensure their proper fit. If you are unaware of the features of grease guns, have a look on our buying guide in order to choose the best grease guns for you.
The Best Grease Guns Review
Dewalt 20V grease gun comes with a powerful motor that delivers maximum 10,000 PSI. It features an extended run time of 16 cartridges per charge. It can easily access hard-to-reach fittings by featuring a 42” extra-long flex hose.
In order to work under low light areas, it helps to enhance visibility by featuring LED lights in it. It has an Innovative pump filter screen that prevents dirt and contamination from clogging the pump mechanism. Its advanced features make your work easy and save your time and energy.
- 1 lithium ion batteries required. (included)
- Color Yellow
- Power Source Battery
- Name DEWALT
- Manufacturer DEWALT
- Weight 14.8 pounds
- It comes with a powerful motor that Delivers 10,000 max psi
- It has an extended run time of Up to 16 cartridges per charge
- It features a 42″ extra-long flex hose
- It comes with an LED light to see grease fittings in low light situations
- Innovative pump filter screen prevents dirt and contamination from clogging the pump mechanism
- It is very heavy
- It has a short battery life
Fully automatic grease gun comes with a variable speed trigger that provides excellent grease flow control and with continuous operation. It has a 30 inch high-pressure hose with coupler and attachment clip and a coupler/air bleeder is also present to fill and easily release trapped air in order to keep the grease gun primed.
Its power motor delivers a maximum pressure of 6,000 PSI and a check valve allows for easy cleaning of hardened and/or contaminated grease.
- Fully Automatic Heavy Duty
- Variable Speed Trigger
- Name Lincoln
- Model LIN1162
- Weight 5.6 pounds
- This grease gun is Fully automatic with continuous operation and grease flow
- Its Variable-speed trigger provides excellent grease flow control
- It comes with a 30 inch high-pressure hose with coupler and attachment clip
- It comes with 6,000 psi maximum grease pressure Accessible check valve that allows for easy cleaning of hardened and/or contaminated grease
- It is not for long term use
- Difficult to assemble
This best grease gun tends to deliver over 10,000 PSI without any battery. Patented pressure return valve easily clears pressure from the hose and returns it to the canister with no mess.
In order to refill it with bulk grease easily and cleanly, it includes the LockNLube Grease Coupler, a 10 ft. hose, and the G. Scoop. G. scoop which is included in it is the fastest and cleanest way to move bulk grease. This grease gun is ideal to use in the toughest environment.
- 10 Foot Flex Hose
- Industrial Strength Construction
- 10,000 Psi Foot Operated
- Name G. Gun
- Weight 18.77 pounds
- Manufacturer Gurtech
- It is able to develop over 10,000 PSI without using batteries
- It comes with a Patented pressure return valve easily clears pressure from the hose
- In order to refill it with bulk grease, it Includes the LockNLube Grease Coupler, 10 ft. hose, and the G. Scoop
- It comes with an industrial strength
- Its tip is not long lasting
Grease gun with Heavy duty cast head delivers up to 7,000 PSI (480 bar). It features three ways loading by using cartridge, suction or grease pump. It is equipped with an air bleeder valve in order to vent out air pockets.
It assures you durability by having a heavy 18 gauge steel barrel. Its follower rod lock helps to prevent any accidental discharge. Lomax products are built to the highest standards and incorporate many unique features that make work easier, faster and cost-effective.
- Heavy Duty
- Deluxe Pistol Grease Gun
- With 18″ Flex Hose
- Name Lumax LX-1152
- Color Black
- Style Pistol Grease Gun
- It has a heavy duty cast head that is durable
- It can develop upto up to 7,000 PSI
- This gun is equipped with air bleeder valve to vent air pockets
- It comes with a Heavy 18 gauge steel barrel that assures durability
- There is a Follower rod lock that prevents accidental discharge
- It is not long lasting
It is an extremely durable grease gun that comes with a heavy duty die-cast head construction for longer life service. In order to allow you for superior grip, it features a high pressure super grip 4-jaw coupler that also helps to withstand long term use.
It also features a durable follower, rod and spring for consistent priming. You can easily get your job done in hard to reach areas because it has a flexible 10 inch extension and a rigid 4 inch extension for this purpose. Its 3 inch cartridge loading makes it user friendly.
- Mini Grease Gun
- For 3 oz. Cartridges 12 in
- Flexible Extension, 4 in
- Name Legacy
- Type Mini Grease Gun
- Weight 1.6 ounces
- It is extremely durable grease gun that has a heavy duty die-cast head construction for longer life
- It comes with a super grip 4-jaw coupler that allows for superior grip
- It features a durable follower, rod and spring for consistent priming
- It has an easy access to hard-to-reach areas
- It comes with a chrome finish and is easy to use
- inserting the nozzle requires lot of force
- The loading handle will not click in place while loading cartridge
It is a mini grease gun that comes in a unique style and has a needle nozzle. Its needle nozzle is very easy to handle and it is lightweight so it makes gripping easy for you that you can easily hold it with your one hand.
It weighs 1lb (25kg) and it can easily hold 3 ounces of lubricant in it. If you want to get your work done in an easy and unique way, go for Astro Pneumatic products.
- Mini grease gun with needle nozzle
- Lightweight and easy to handle
- Weight 1 lb
- Name Astro
- Weight 9.6 ounces
- Model 101
- This mini grease gun comes with a needle nozzle
- It is heavy-duty, lightweight and easy to use
- It can hold 3 ounces of lubricant
- You can easily operate it with one hand
- It Easily lubricates mechanism of air tolls w/grease type fittings
- It has poor quality
A fully chrome plated grease gun comes with a fully charged battery that tends to deliver up to 5 cartridges of grease and it has a High flow rate of 3. 5 oz. /min. (95G/min).
Due to chrome plated barrel, it is protected against rust and corrosion. You can easily hold it with your one hand as it features a comfortable and non-slip grip. As it is very lightweight, you can easily get your work done in less time than usual. It makes your work much easier, fast and cost-effective.
- 12V Cordless Grease Gun
- With Single Battery
- 7000 Psi
- By Lumax LX-1175
- Manufacturer Lumax
- Weight 10.43 pounds
- Its Fully charged battery delivers up to 5 cartridges of grease
- In order to protect from corrosion, it comes with Chrome plated barrel for maximum protection
- It has a comfortable, non-slip grip
- It has a lightweight and durable construction
- It is ideal for hard-to-reach fittings
- It comes with a built-in pressure relief valve
- It has shorter battery life
- It is not long lasting
A lightweight and ergonomic style grease gun helps you to do your work in less time. It weighs 7.2 lbs and its ergonomic handle with over-molded grip reduces vibration for extended use.
Ergonomic handle along with soft touch over molded grip not only reduce vibration, but also reduce fatigue and it enhances user comfort. It features an optional shoulder strap that provides flexibility and support to the users. It is a highly durable product as it delivers a high power, long life motor and all-metal drivetrain.
- 20V Lithium-Ion Cordless Grease Gun
- Grease Gun Only
- Name Ingersoll Rand
- Manufacturer Ingersoll Rand
- Weight 9 pounds
- It comes with a powerful motor for greater run-time
- It is lightweight, comfortable and easy to use
- Its over-molded grip reduces vibration for extended use
- There is an Optional shoulder strap hook that adds flexibility and support
- It comes with an Extended durability with a high-power, long-life motor and all-metal drivetrain
- It is not long lasting
It is the first pneumatic grease gun that comes with both single-shot and continuous mode. Its power motor delivers up to 6,000 psi in single shot mode and 5 oz. per minute in continuous mode.
The integrated handle clip and Loop & Lock storage technology make this grease gun clean and easy to store and reduce the chance to flow the grease where you do not need it and it always keeps the coupler clean when you are ready to grease.
- Dual delivery mode
- Heavy duty hose & swivel
- Does not leak
- Name LockNLube
- Manufacturer LockNLube
- Weight 5 pounds
- This grease gun comes with both single-shot and continuous modes
- It Delivers up to 6,000 PSI in single-shot mode and 5 oz. per minute in continuous mode
- This gun features the LockNLube Grease Coupler
- It comes with Loop & Lock storage technology
- It may not have enough head pressure to push the grease into the wet bolts for the suspension
- Its nozzle does not fit in all grease fittings
An industry leading grease gun that delivers up to 10,000 psl operating pressure and it comes with a 48” flexible hose that offers great access to hard-to-reach areas. Its tools 2-speed design offers users the ability to select between max pressure and max flow rate. An air bleeder valve is also present for quick priming.
In order to provide more convenience to its users, it also features a lock-on/ lock-off trigger. Its advanced feature includes a plunger rod with markings to gauge how much grease is left in the barrel. By having this grease gun by your side, you will be able to work under low light areas as it also features an LED flashlight in it. This is the industry’s only 18V grease gun that’s battery is compatible with a system of tools.
- Industry leading 10,000 PSI
- 48″ flexible hose
- Lock-on / Lock-off
- By Milwaukee
- Type 2-spd grease gun
- Weight 0.16 ounces
- This gun can deliver 10,000 PSI max operating pressure
- It comes with 48″ flexible hose that offers greater access to difficult to reach fittings
- It has an Air bleeder valve for quick priming
- Lock-on / Lock-off trigger allows user convenience
- The unit is hard to get primed
Best Grease Guns Buying Guide
Benefits Of Using A Grease Gun
It helps to lubricate the parts of the machinery and prevent waste from overflowing the product.
It provides better saturation by delivering the grease with a lot more precision, saturating the part properly.
If you are a professional or a shop owner, it helps to save your time by allowing you to grease the entire underside of a car in about a minute.
It helps to save your money as lubricated parts tend to last longer as compared to poorly maintained parts.
Types Of Grease Guns
These grease guns are manually powered and they tend to build a great amount of power that is up to 10,000 PSI in some cases. They are best to use for grease fittings.
Pneumatic grease guns use air pressure in order to build a pressure up to 6,000 PSI. In some models of pneumatic grease guns, you will be able to adjust the amount of grease while others will deliver a set amount. They are best suited for more precise tasks where a high amount of pressure is not required.
Battery-powered grease guns are cordless and they are able to deliver a highest amount of pressure and they also allow you to adjust the amount of grease dispensed per stroke. These grease guns are best suited for heavy machinery and precision applications.
Key Features To Look For
Type of nozzle is an important feature for proper grease delivery. There are three types of nozzles in grease guns that are a straight nozzle, short nozzle and a flexible metal nozzle. All these nozzles are available in different lengths. For efficient delivery of grease or for hard-to-reach places, flexible nozzles are best.
Barrel size matters a lot while buying a grease gun. If you want to deliver a lot of grease but in a short time, you need a grease gun with a bigger barrel size. But on the other hand, if you’re looking for small specialty applications only, a smaller barrel will do the trick.
There are different sizes and shapes of grease guns that are available in the market. You should look for a grease gun that fits comfortably in your hand. For this purpose, look for grease guns with cushioned grips that make grease guns easier to hold.
Most of the grease guns are made up of metal that is considered the most durable material for grease guns because it withstands the pressure built during use. Do not go for low quality materials that include plastic. Metal grease guns are best to use.
Quality of the product:
While buying a grease gun, always make sure that it is of high quality because high quality grease guns allow dispenses to grease evenly and precisely and eliminates air pockets through a bleeder valve.
Before buying any grease gun, make sure that for which purpose you are going to buy it. There could be various possible purposes such as oiling up car undersides or to grease components or nuts of some machinery. It is important to specify your action type because there are specified grease guns that you will be able to buy for your specific task.
The Best Grease Guns FAQs
Q: What is a grease gun?
A: Grease gun is a tool that is used to lubricate the parts of your machinery because all machineries require lubrication in order to operate efficiently. You can also lubricate your bolts, nuts or bearings. It also helps to maintain the quality of certain metals.
Q: What is a grease gun coupler?
A: Grease gun coupler is a pipe that allows a grease gun to attach to the grease of a mechanical component and enables the moving parts that are to be lubricated.
Q: What is the best lubricant to use with a grease gun?
A: Always use a high quality lubricant while using a grease gun because it will flow freely throughout the gun and not built up in the nozzle. High quality lubricant will not affect your parts as well and it will also help to prevent rust.
Related Products On AliExpress
As you have read, we have provided you all the key features that you should look for in a grease gun while buying. We have discussed all the main types in order to make your process easy.
Always look for key features such as manufacturing material, nozzle type, barrel size etc. we hope that by reading our buying guide, you will be able to select the best grease guns for you.